Error: Do not pass GO, do not collect GOW
"The shipments were supposed to come in 11/7/06. Upon not arriving a pre-recorded message was sent to everyone's phone who made a pre-order telling them they could pick it up 11/08/06 at 10:30 a.m. EST sharp. Upon arriving this morning at many locations customers were surprised to learn shipments were "delayed" until the afternoon. but again at about 3:00 p.m. EST, calls were sent again to pre-order customers telling them due to a shipping error, the game again would not be available until 11/09/06 at 10:30 a.m. EST. They are giving a five dollar refund to all those who pre-ordered"
Other readers write in with similar shipping error stories. How about your neck of the woods? Does your local store complain of shipping problems? If so, were you offered any kind of refund or discount once the game finally shows up?
- MISSING: Playstation 3 exclusives (11/19/2006)
- New Blue Dragon artwork scans (11/19/2006)
- Eat Pop-Tarts, get Xbox beanie hat (11/19/2006)
- Bungie, they aren't corporate... are they? (11/18/2006)
- Id says 360 is a gem to develop on (11/18/2006)
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. Fu#$ GameStop, I had mine pre-ordered and it won't be in until tomorrow. Best Buy has plenty of copies, I'm heading over there after work...
Oh and I thought GameStop has some exclusive rights to release the game on the 8th? This will be the last time I pre-order a game...
They're offering $5 back since the game is delayed, no thanks, what's 5 bucks...
Posted at 3:54PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Todd H. 0 stars
3. This better not be the case with my copy of GoW. UPS hasn't come yet so....
Posted at 3:52PM on Nov 8th 2006 by nick 0 stars
4. I can say it's easy to find in Chicago. Every Best Buy in distance looks to have a bunch of copies. I ordered mine for pick-up already.
Posted at 3:55PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Tony 0 stars
5. I live in the East Coast, and I had no problems getting Gears of War today. I bought it right when GameStop opened (10AM) and I love this game...
But some places get their shipments at different times, so just be patient and wait for the game to come in.
Posted at 3:56PM on Nov 8th 2006 by DA360 2 stars
6. It's not that bad. I strolled into an EB and picked it up, only to have my 360 light up red when I tried to start a campaign. I guess that I'll have plenty of time to strategize as I repeatedly read the manual, waiting for Microsoft to replace my launch console. Maybe I can use the manual to make cutouts and act out fights with the Locusts...
Why must god hate me?
Posted at 3:55PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Yawar 0 stars
7. In Upstate SC here.
There's both an EB and GameStop within 5 miles of me. My friend went to EB and I went to GS.
He got his copy this afternoon and I'm not getting mine till tomorrow morning.
Posted at 3:58PM on Nov 8th 2006 by hoodwinketh 0 stars
8. Philly burbs (doylestown)- EBgames. Got it yesterday no problem.
Posted at 3:51PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Paul 0 stars
9. Got my preorder at a Gamestop in Chicago. They had preorder copies for everyone, but they did say that they had not yet received the Special Edition (or whatever it is called)
I would have been pissed if I had paid $10 to wait 3 days later than the people who paid less.
Posted at 4:01PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Lou 0 stars
10. This happened to me (I live in New Hampshire) and I walked half an hour in the rain to my local EB Games just for them to tell me that their shipment got messed up and they won't have it till tomorrow....so yeah, I can say I was pretty pissed....when I got back home I got the pre-recorded message that their shipment got messed up and won't be arriving till tomorrow....wish I knew sooner so I wouldn't have walked in the rain like an idiot! And they didn't offer me a discount....it'd be nice but it probably won't happen!
The funny thing is that this isn't the first time this has happened....in fact, almost every single pre-order I've made with this EB has had this similar situation which has caused me to go else where or wait longer then every one else....if it wasn't for the fact that this is the only store in my town that sells videogames, I'd go elsewhere! A hardcore gamer gets screwed over once again....
Posted at 4:04PM on Nov 8th 2006 by VeHeMeNcE 0 stars
11. here in Kansas City, GameStop didn't receive it yet... so I cancelled my preorder and got it at Best Buy where there were plenty of copies!!!
Posted at 4:04PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Aram 0 stars
12. I didn't reserve and got my copy of GOW yesterday from a Gamestop in NYC around 5:00.
However, I did pre-order an HD Drive for the 360 and am being told that due to some shipping problems, its not in yet and will hopefully be in soon. How could they not know when a product is due to arrive in stores? Has anybody seen the drives at BB or CC? I'm thinking about walking down there and trying to get one there. I know waiting for a DVD drive is no big deal, but I would love to stick it to Gamestop for pocketing the interest on my $5 for the last month.
Posted at 4:05PM on Nov 8th 2006 by POD 0 stars
13. They are available to order for store pickup on bestbuy.com for all of the stores around Pittsburgh. I ordered mine this morning and got an email confirmation saying it was ready to be picked up at the store. I'll be getting it after work today.
Posted at 4:08PM on Nov 8th 2006 by wvu76 0 stars
14. apparently a similar thing has happened to the HD-DVD drive. Was supposed to be here this morning but didn't show. Has anyone be able to get it? Does anyone even want it?
btw I'm in miami and there are no Gears of War copies anywhere (BB, CC, EB, or GS) until tomorrow they say
Posted at 4:10PM on Nov 8th 2006 by h0ss66 0 stars
15. Fry's electronics in Phx, AZ had about 160 copies for $49 today at noon.
Posted at 4:13PM on Nov 8th 2006 by spaten 0 stars
16. Screw pre-orders, they're worthless. I walked right into my local (Kansas City area) Best Buy an hour after it opened and picked up my copy. They had plenty to go around.
Posted at 4:14PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Garrett 0 stars
17. I stay in Atlanta GA and was able to pick mine up yesterdya with no problems. Ipre order my two weeks ago at game stop. Not trying to show off. If it makes anybody feel any better i havent played it yet. :)
Posted at 4:14PM on Nov 8th 2006 by B-RYAN 0 stars
18. Orlando here and several area Game Stops are saying tomorrow hopefully, maybe Friday. And they were saying all along that the release date was the 8th. Seeing as how everywhere had the 7th posted they apparently have some issues. And no midnight opening for a huge game? It's all kinda weird.
Posted at 4:15PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Quote the Raven 0 stars
19. I picked it up yesterday at EB in North Haven, CT. They had plenty of copies. However, I did hear the clerk mention they only got half of the amount of Collector's Editions they were suppose to get.
Also, I find it great that there is a dude named Carmine in this game. ;-)
Posted at 4:17PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Carmine 0 stars
20. Schaumburg, IL (suburb of Chicago)
EB Games, Gamestop, & Best Buy have a bunch of copies. Picked up mine during lunch today.
Posted at 4:15PM on Nov 8th 2006 by Goofy 0 stars
Add your comments
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry: inappropriate or purely promotional comments may be removed. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments. To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br> tags.
1. same out here in the san francisco bay area -- at least, for those (like me) who were stupid enough to preorder at E.B.
first and last time i preorder a game. also the last time i give E.B. my business after I see that the best buy down the road has 100's of copies which they sell to me with a smile when all I can get at E.B. is a smarmy attitude from clerk and a "better luck next time" voicemail. short the stock.
Posted at 3:54PM on Nov 8th 2006 by mmmaaattt 0 stars