RoboBlitz T-shirt contest: Day 1 [update 1]
Some of you may recall that I was a little jealous of the RoboBlitz shirt that Naked Sky gave to Gamertag Radio's Godfree. It looks like Naked Sky's Tian Mu (who we interviewed yesterday) was listening, because he sent us not one, not two, but five T-shirts to give away. We have three men's shirts and two just for the ladies. Starting today, we'll give one away every day. What do you have to do to win? Well, we're not sure, but we'll think of something new every day.
Today's T-shirt is a men's large. Bearing a picture of Blitz the robot on the front, and the RoboBlitz title smartly emblazoned on the right sleeve. RoboBlitz is all about physics, so if you'd like to have this shirt as your very own (your preciousssss), all you have to do is tell us something fun you can do with physics. You know, things like kicking a ball, using a lever, or curb stomping a Locust. So, think something up, leave it in the comments, and we'll choose a winner completely at random. If you don't win today, just come back tomorrow. And if you don't win tomorrow ... well, then you'll have to come back Monday, but still, that's an awesome shirt, right? Get to it and good luck.
Update: This contest is now closed, and we are on to Day 2. Check out our new contest here.
General contest stuff: Only one entry per person. Winners will be contacted via email in order to obtain shipping information. This contest is open to residents of the United States only.
- MISSING: Playstation 3 exclusives (11/19/2006)
- New Blue Dragon artwork scans (11/19/2006)
- Eat Pop-Tarts, get Xbox beanie hat (11/19/2006)
- Bungie, they aren't corporate... are they? (11/18/2006)
- Id says 360 is a gem to develop on (11/18/2006)
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. I like to make the frags bounce around like a ping-pong ball while playing some Gears!
Posted at 10:38AM on Nov 9th 2006 by Shawn 0 stars
3. Something fun with physics? Catapult a puppy, I guess...
Posted at 10:42AM on Nov 9th 2006 by Carter 0 stars
4. Raise things up as high in the air as possible and then drop them to see if they bounce or go 'splat'.
Posted at 10:43AM on Nov 9th 2006 by Scott 0 stars
5. hmm something fun to do...throw things at people while riding the ski lift at the fair?
Posted at 10:48AM on Nov 9th 2006 by nowandtheworld 0 stars
6. I'm a fan of David Letterman's "Will it Float" game. Put an object in water and see if it floats or sinks. Some results aren't what you'd expect...
Posted at 10:56AM on Nov 9th 2006 by The Joshler 0 stars
7. potato guns are always fun, but in the holiday console war spirit, should we make a PS3 gun? nah, profits on ebay are just too high.
Posted at 11:07AM on Nov 9th 2006 by MattK 1 star
8. I could catapult a PS3.
Posted at 11:07AM on Nov 9th 2006 by Jason Hall 0 stars
9. Ponies are precious
Posted at 11:08AM on Nov 9th 2006 by Daniel Dacumos 0 stars
10. i like to lure squirrels into a sling-shot style waterballoon launcher with peanuts, then see how far they'll fly...
Posted at 11:22AM on Nov 9th 2006 by crono999 0 stars
11. Convince your friends you can pee off the top of a building into a glass, and then get one of them to hold the glass while you try.
Posted at 11:27AM on Nov 9th 2006 by Jason 0 stars
12. One of my favorite things to do with physics is use a planet's gravitational pull to slingshot myself in a new trajectory at a higher velocity, while juggling four full glasses of 2% milk.
Posted at 11:29AM on Nov 9th 2006 by Dracula Jones 0 stars
13. Something fun with physics, I'd puke on a PS3 then chainsaw it.
Posted at 11:32AM on Nov 9th 2006 by dpcough 0 stars
14. I would demonstrate Newton's law by smacking my wife's ass and telling her that the sting of my hand hitting her ass is the result of the mass of my palm times the acceleration I forced on it plus drag due to gravity.
Posted at 11:46AM on Nov 9th 2006 by beardsly43 0 stars
15. Bounce my wireless 360 controller off of 3 different walls when I killed due to lag on halo 2.
Posted at 11:50AM on Nov 9th 2006 by The_Dude 0 stars
16. Shift My Center of Gravity so I can fit in a Large, that is what I would do with Physics.
Posted at 11:57AM on Nov 9th 2006 by polar 0 stars
17. I totally enjoy not floating into space and imploding to death.
Posted at 12:05PM on Nov 9th 2006 by Jeremy Ballin 0 stars
18. If I dont win the shirt than I will be forced to walk the streets compltly naked, which in turn gets me arrested which is the pyshics of the man keepin us down!
Posted at 12:31PM on Nov 9th 2006 by HandsomeTy 1 star
19. Take a tennis ball and a basketball. Hold the tennis ball on top of the basketball, make sure they're touching, and then lift them into the air like that and drop them. The basketball hits the ground first, bounces up, and shoots the tennis ball some 20 feet into the air.
Posted at 12:32PM on Nov 9th 2006 by GANNONSMASH 0 stars
20. You can have a lot of fun with magnets over superconductors. Somehow the magnetic field lines get "stuck" in the superconductor and the magnet will float!
Posted at 12:40PM on Nov 9th 2006 by SlyEcho 0 stars
Add your comments
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry: inappropriate or purely promotional comments may be removed. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments. To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br> tags.
1. You could take a parabolic flight in a cargo plane, then at the peak, while you're experiencing zero-G, scatter a bunch of brightly-colored rubber superballs throughout the cargo bay and wait for them to all come crashing down and bouncing chaotically when gravity returns.
Posted at 10:41AM on Nov 9th 2006 by EvilBit 0 stars