Lumines denied, Live still buggy
- MISSING: Playstation 3 exclusives (11/19/2006)
- New Blue Dragon artwork scans (11/19/2006)
- Eat Pop-Tarts, get Xbox beanie hat (11/19/2006)
- Bungie, they aren't corporate... are they? (11/18/2006)
- Id says 360 is a gem to develop on (11/18/2006)
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. I wouldn't mind as much if they had just said that Live would be out for 36 hours.
Posted at 9:38AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Jose42 0 stars
3. I was able to D/L it, plays well. Though I did notice Live acting wonky, and the fact that I couldn't find that advanced pack they mentioned.
Posted at 9:39AM on Oct 18th 2006 by J 0 stars
4. Well according to the notice there is still roughly another half hour of outage (as of writing this comment), before they said they'd be online. The fact that we can log into live right now means they are probably almost done with whatever they were doing.
Posted at 9:43AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Bontakun 0 stars
5. MN's reporting that the "Advanced Pack" is coming "later."
Probably indefinitely later, if at all. Which is good. I'm already not happy paying 15 dollars for a port, and therefore, I'm not paying it.
Posted at 9:44AM on Oct 18th 2006 by J.Goodwin 0 stars
6. I managed to get lumines, and play through all of the free bit, but I can't get through to unlock the full version, or even to add £10 of points to be able to get the main game (without the extra levels)!
Nice game though, but not sure it's worth twice as much as any other arcade game. (Geo wars is still the best game I own, and that's only 400 points, not 1800. Seems a bit steep considering I'll lose my 360 to my wife when I do get the full version)
Posted at 9:48AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Majikthise 0 stars
7. Kind of off-topic, but this is why I don't mind paying for the online service in comparision to the free 'service' that will be provided by Sony. When there is a problem with Xbox live, we have every right to [email protected] and complain because we pay for this, and it should work correctly. When there is a problem with the Sony service and anyone tries to complain, all you'll here is "Don't complain, its Free" or "what did you expect, you don't have to pay for it".
That said, I too am having all sorts of problems. Lockups, can't see any content ect.
Posted at 9:51AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Jojo 0 stars
8. This sucks hard. I can't even log into Live...
Posted at 9:52AM on Oct 18th 2006 by [email protected] 0 stars
9. Software takes updating to improve. You don't sue somebody because they are improving their software and their service. How ridiculous! Man step outside for a moment and breath some fresh air! If your panties are that bunched up, you need to check into one of those gaming addiction centers! Everything will be OK...
Posted at 9:55AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Frosty22 0 stars
10. Mister2zx3 you need to start taking Prozac or something. Live has been down for scheduled maintenance, its not unnecessary and just because you don't see any difference doesn't mean there isnt. any of the new features are being added to xbox.com not xbox live
For Christs sake people, xbox.com is still getting work done to it, so of course live is still going to be a wit wonky until they finish. The reasons the market place will be acting funny is cause they are changing its setup so that xbox.com updates automatically when new stuff is added. Until they get it fixed completely expect to hit a few bumps.
Posted at 10:05AM on Oct 18th 2006 by KineticOnline 0 stars
11. Will the whiners please shut up? You pay a measly .13 per day. Talking about lawsuits just makes you look like a moron especially when it's a planned outage that takes time. I can assure you that your .13 for the day does not come close to the cost of the upgrade in man-hours. And whining about service on a complex system like this only shows your ignorance of computer systems in general. Please stop.
Posted at 10:09AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Saccia 0 stars
12. Xbox.com is kind of up now... can't sign in though.
Posted at 10:15AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Ninegauger 0 stars
13. Anyone else getting a MTU error or is it just me because I was messing with my network yesterday?
Posted at 9:54AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Tob3z 0 stars
14. What a bunch of whiney babies! So it's down for 38 hours instead of 24. Who cares? Are you people that additcted that you are jonesin to get on-line?
How about going outside to play catch or something.
Posted at 10:18AM on Oct 18th 2006 by cubbiechris 0 stars
15. @ #5
You're not happy paying $15? Ok, go with the alternative then, get a PSP and pay $30 for it. That's a WAY better deal.
Posted at 9:51AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Nick 0 stars
16. "class action lawsuit"
Lawsuits are so cute, how's about accepting that the benefits of a day off service (server load increases, back end improvements) will outweigh the short amount of time you aren't able to get your 360 online.
do you sue your phone company every time you have a missed call?
Posted at 10:22AM on Oct 18th 2006 by lp 0 stars
17. AAAAHHH WHAT THE HELL.....YESTERDAY WAS THE WORST DAY EVER NO XBL NO WORLD OF WARCRAFT, WHATS NEXT A RECALL ON MY PSP?
Posted at 10:13AM on Oct 18th 2006 by craptastic 0 stars
18. No. 5: What system does Catch run on? How many MS points does it cost? Is it multiplayer?
Posted at 10:26AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Tachyon 0 stars
19. For any Live user to complain about a day (or even two dare I say) of downtime for them to update there servers is ridiculous. They are providing a stellar service here people. Tell me that the Marketplace isn't one of the best things ever invented for us gamers??
I think Sony should be taking some serious notes on how to do the online component right.I only wish that I was just buying a 360 now, becasue it would blow my mind to see all of the D/Lable content om the marketplace for the first time.......80 + DEMOS!!! Wow..........
Posted at 10:30AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Anthony D 0 stars
20. ok so live acted buggy for 24 hours or a little longer so what. Its just 1 day people out of 365 a year! Heres an idea call a friend, spend time with a girlfriend, go outside and enjoy what us humans like to call the sun.
Posted at 10:33AM on Oct 18th 2006 by georgedakota 0 stars
Add your comments
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry: inappropriate or purely promotional comments may be removed. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments. To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br> tags.
1. Paying Subscribers should form a class action lawsuit having their service turned off without any reason why, and then having it remain unusable past their announced timeline. Not cool.
Posted at 9:30AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Mister2zx3 0 stars